Coronavirus: Demand More from the Government
At the current rate, the United States is at risk of experiencing not only a deadly healthcare crisis but one that has the potential to result in massive social, economic, and political upheaval as systems reach crisis points and begin to fracture.
We can prevent such devastation, if we act now.
Join us in demanding the following:
- Immediately pass a coronavirus relief package now that provides emergency funding assistance to cover expenses to massively test the population in the millions and provide emergency food and shelter to all homeless and poor.
- Provide a protection and testing plan for incarcerated people while in custody and upon release.
- Expand SNAP and unemployment for the duration of the pandemic.
- Immediately legislate fully paid sick leave for all workers.
- Implement an immediate moratorium on evictions and utility shut-offs.
- Emergency funding for family and community-based childcare for families who cannot work from home.